Click here to find the Geo-Blue Trekker Multi-Trip plans
Single Trip Travel Medical & International Health Insurance
The Voyager Essential plan does not require you to have a primary health plan. * A Primary Plan is a Group Health Benefit Plan, an individual health benefit plan, or certain governmental health plan (including Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans) designed to be the first payor of claims for an Insured Person prior to the responsibility of this Plan. Medicaid and Veterans Administration health benefit plans are not considered a primary plan under this policy.
IMPORTANT: Certain GeoBlue policies are filed as secondary coverage. However, GeoBlue administers and pays covered claims upfront in a primary manner.
- Home Country is the U.S.; and
- You must be under Age 96 and;
- Enrolled in a Primary Plan*; and
- For Children under age 6, must be enrolled with a parent and;
- Initial purchase must be made in the USA at least one day prior to departing on your trip:
Family Members included in your Plan (if applicable) must be:
- Your spouse; civil union partner or domestic partner age 95 or younger, and/or your eligible child(ren) or other eligible dependent(s) — see the Eligible Dependents list below.
- Resident(s) of the United States except MD, NY and WA
- Traveling outside the U.S. and scheduled to spend at least 24 hours away from his/her home.
|Note: For existing and/or prospective members, injuries and Illnesses resulting from Terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other Injury or Illness provided all of the following conditions are met:
1) The Covered Person had no direct or indirect involvement in the Terrorist Activity;
2) The Covered Person has not unreasonably failed or refused to depart a country or location or is traveling to a country or location following the date a warning to leave or avoid travel to that country or location is issued by the United States government.
*Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) are not subject to the above exception and are covered as any other Injury or Illness. Medical Expenses associated with asymptomatic testing or expenses for quarantining (confinement outside of a hospital setting) are not covered under this Plan.This is important: Voyager covers COVID for medical. Geo Blue Voyager does not cover medical evacuation for COVID.
|Plan Name and Secure online order form link
(we don’t charge extra fees)
|Geo Blue Voyager Essential
||Geo Blue Voyager Choice
|Duration of Benefits and Services
||All U.S. States except MD, NY and WA
|Maximum Trip Coverage Period
||Coverage starts on the first day of any trip and continues for a maximum of the first 182 consecutive days of such trip.
|Maximum International Medical Coverage Limits
||Options include $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
||Options include $0, $100, $250, $500 per insured Person per policy period
|Pre-existing Conditions Covered
||100% of Reasonable Charges
|Maximum Emergency Medical Transportation Coverage
|Maximum Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
||180 Day Exclusion
|Maximum Repatriation of Remains Coverage
|First Level Payment
||The Insurer will pay 100% of the Reasonable Charges up to a maximum benefit as stated on the Covered Person’s declaration page
|Baggage & Personal Effects Coverage
||Maximum benefit of $500 per Trip Period and limited to $100 maximum benefit per bag or Personal Effect
|Post Departure Trip Interruption*
||Maximum benefit of $500 per Trip Period
|Is Post-Departure Trip Interruption coverage impacted for Voyager plans in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Coverage for Trip Interruption depends on when you purchased your plan. Coverage for Trip Interruption on Voyager plans is not available for trips to a country subject to a CDC level-3 travel warning, or similar warning from the government of the destination country. If the policy was purchased after the date the destination country became subject to such a warning, coverage would not be available.
There is no impact to Trip Interruption coverage for eligible members who purchased a GeoBlue Voyager plan prior to the listed dates and have travelled or are planning travel to one of the listed countries. Members who meet this criteria may use the Trip Interruption benefit as needed ($500 max).
|Post Departure Trip Interruption
||Deductible is not applicable. Maximum benefit of $500 per Trip Period
|Toll Free Telephone Access to All Services
|24 hours / 7 days Global Medical Assistance
|10 Day Money back Guarantee
|Plan Name and Secure online order form link (you don’t pay extra fees using us)
Ready to Order? It’s easy (and safe) to order online or over the telephone – just call Deanna, Kim or Steve toll free at 1-888-407-3854 or 816-282-6858.
Use the GeoBlue Voyager quote tool on this page to figure out the prices. You may buy from the quote, too.
Medical Insurance Important Information
If you have individual or group medical insurance it will have deductibles and copays when you are out of network (out of the USA is out of network). And, did you know that Medicare doesn’t cover you outside the USA? If you get hurt (ie – hit by a cement truck) or sick on your trip and you don’t want to pay everything out of pocket yourself, you will need Travel Insurance.
Plus, Medical Evacuations are expensive. The GeoBlue Voyager includes coverage and assistance for medical evacuation.
An Eligible Dependent means a person who is the Eligible Participant’s:
- spouse; civil union partner, or domestic partner;
- natural child, stepchild or legally adopted child who has not yet reached age 26;
- own or spouse’s, civil union partner’s or domestic partner’s own child, of any age, enrolled prior to age 26, who is incapable of self support due to continuing mental retardation or physical disability and who is chiefly dependent on the Eligible Participant. The Insurer requires written proof from a Physician of such disability and dependency within 31 days of the child’s 26th birthday and annually thereafter;
- For a person who becomes an Eligible Dependent (as described below) after the date the Eligible Participant’s coverage begins, coverage for the Eligible Dependent will become effective in accordance with the following provisions:
- Newborn Children: Coverage will be automatic for the first 31 days following the birth of an Insured Participant’s Newborn Child. To continue coverage beyond 31 days, the Newborn child must be enrolled within 31 days of birth.
- Adopted Children: An Insured Participant’s adopted child is automatically covered for Illness or Injury for 31 days from either date of placement of the child in the home, or the date of the final decree of adoption, whichever is earlier. To continue coverage beyond 31 days, as Insured Participant must enroll the adopted child within 31 days either from the date of placement or the final decree of adoption.
- Court Ordered Coverage for a Dependent: If a court has ordered an Insured Participant to provide coverage for an Eligible Dependent who is spouse, civil union partner, domestic partner or minor child, coverage will be automatic for the first 31 days following the date which the court order is issued. To continue coverage beyond 31 days, and Insured Participant must enroll the Eligible Dependent within that 31 day period;
- grandchild, niece or nephew who otherwise qualifies as a dependent child, if: (i) the child is under the primary care of the Insured Participant; and (ii) the legal guardian of the child, if other than the Insured Participant, is not covered by an accident or sickness policy.
The term primary care means that the Insured Participant provides food, clothing and shelter on a regular and continuous basis.
A person may not be an Insured Dependent for more than one Insured Participant.
GeoBlue is a trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC (Worldwide Services Insurance Agency, LLC in California and New York), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Click here to get a GeoBlue Voyager quote. You may buy from the quote, too.
CovidTripInsurance.com is a division of TripInsuranceStore.com
Protect Yourself and Travel with Peace of Mind
PO Box 466
Owatonna, MN 55060
Toll free : 1-888-407-3854
Office hours: (Eastern Time Zone)
Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm ET
Saturday 12 - 3 pm
Sunday 2 - 4 pm
We have multiple phone lines so you will probably reach Steve, Deanna or Kim live. If you get our voicemail, leave a message - we return calls promptly.